Minnesota's in the Middle

All things Minnesota politics

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Wheres the media?

The Senate just passed a billion dollar bonding bill and yet from my casual scan of the newspapers and the TV news this past week I have very little idea of what is in it. I know all about Dean Johnson, I have seen the names and faces of all 12 DFL CD 5 candidates (funny how suddenly the media pays attention to lower profile candidates), I know the labels the Pawlenty campaign have thrown out about the fiscal habits of there opponents, but I have yet to hear one word about the details of the bonding bill.

When I get more time I'll look into the details, but it strikes me as odd that the media doesn't even begin to care when and how are tax payer dollars are spent. We want our legislators to focus on what matters most, but our media won't even consider it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home