Minnesota's in the Middle

All things Minnesota politics

Sunday, September 09, 2007

How bout them Vikings

I hate pro football, most involved are stupid from the players to the refs to the coaches to the fans. But every once in a while it can be entertaining and this Vikings team looks like it has a real chance to do something significant this year despite the experts expecting them to be an average team.

For the first time in my life I actually considered purchasing a Vikings ticket to the point that I actually drove downtown and took a few laps around the dome. The Ron Paul supporters were there in force handing out lit, but that's about it for politics. I think I might have to join them at the next game, hopefully a Pauley will find me because I'm not yet energized to find them.

In any event I ended up joining an old friend at a bar to watch the game, but these Vikings look very good. People might be worried about the QB but its all a matter of avoiding mistakes and for today Jackson did his job and then some, and of course Adrien Peterson did not disappoint. This might not be the 15-1 team Randy Moss brought us. And offensively it will be dull at times but I have to say this might be the 2nd best Vikings team of my lifetime and 12-4 or 13-3 is not the least bit out of the question, nor is a super bowl appearance.

Go Vikings, Go Ron Paul, and in the words of Jack Kemp go football.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home