Minnesota's in the Middle

All things Minnesota politics

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Iraq war?

While it is easy to be against the Iraq war, I have to ask the question, when over the course of 4 or 5 years you only lose 3,000 Americans in battle why are we so concerned? I don't personally know why we are fighting this war, but I have to assume my president is aware of much more then me. The possibilities behind this war scare me, big things may very well be happening, but if we look at American history the combined deaths of the 9-11-01 attacks the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and even the Oklahoma Bombings and all school shootings over the course of my life time add up to a comparably insignificant number compared to other 28 year periods in American History.

As the Iraq war goes I would prefer an anti war candidate not because I necessarily think this war needs to end, but because I want see if this war is justified, and an anti war candidate would be the only way of proving the war is justified.

We can all make really awesome Bush is a moron jokes, but for whatever reason I don't think he is. He's either pure evil or he knows what he's doing, there is no middle ground, he is not simply bad at making political decisions. He might not be the best, but the worst president is still among the smartest Americans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home