Minnesota's in the Middle

All things Minnesota politics

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Hutchinson and the Independence party can win

Us insiders have been fairly confident about this, and have explained some of the reasons ever since 1200 people showed up to support Peter Hutchinson in January. On the Inside we can see there is an across the board steady upward climb in the quality of candidates since 1998, and the Independence parties base support. Still up until now all that was written is that he is no Jesse, and doesn't have the support of a Tim Penny to build off, both statements have merit. The problem with those kinds of comments however are they imply that Ventura and Penny were near perfect candidates, and that if Hutchinson is weaker in any area then he must be weaker as a whole.

Credit to Minntelect for finding this Minneapolis Observer article that spells out how the Mike Hatch endorsement helps Peter Hutchinson's potential path to victory. While I want to think my views are reasonable it's great to see an outside source like this say some of the things I hope are true.

There is an incredible feeling of momentum I'm feeling about this party. A lot of things could have gone wrong by now, a lot of things out of our control didn't have to fall in our lap. As you've seen in my monthly predictions I haven't been willing to say I see any Independence Party candidate win, but we're getting closer and closer to the point where I move from saying that an opportunity exists, to the point where I see victory as a probable result.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home