Minnesota's in the Middle

All things Minnesota politics

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

What a difference a year makes

A year ago at this time the party was just getting over Jack Uldrich's drop from the US Senate race, and I was just starting to think this Robert Fitzgerald guy might not be that bad. At the Fair, Robert stopped by the booth a few times, as one of these guys that gets on the ballot and acts like he's relevant. But by the end of the Fair, I was having long conversations with Robert and realizing that he was exactly what I was looking for in a candidate. Still, in the months following I hoped for a higher profile candidate, but by January, it was clear none of those candidates would enter the race.

This year, instead of being a visitor to the Independence Party booth, Robert will spend many hours as the Independence Party-endorsed candidate for US Senate and I couldn't be prouder helping him. No doubt this year at the Fair I will meet a person or two who will go from visitor to major player in the party; in fact, four years ago, I was one of those people.

Hope to see you all at the Fair and, for a few of you, to share this kind of story next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home