Minnesota's in the Middle

All things Minnesota politics

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Looks like the Twins are in this thing

During the State Fair I wasn't able to check the paper to see how the White Sox were doing so I just assumed they built up a decent size lead as the Twins were losing to the Royals and Yankees, but it looks like the Twins have a half game advantage going into the final 26 games. With Johan Santana going against some guy with an ERA over 5 tonight things are looking real good.

Liriano will be back eventually and Bonser is adequately replacing Radke. It will still probably come down to the final 3 game series with the White Sox, but there’s a good chance it will only take 1 win there rather then 3. I look forward to my first chance to see Phil Nevin tonight, so far I haven't missed anything there but he's bound to hit a few balls out. It's the first week of September and the Twins have 4 guys in the lineup with over 20 HR's on the year. I'm really looking forward to getting back in the swing of things watching the Twins tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home